20 March 2009

You're stronger then you think!

So today, the first day of the San Dimas Stage Race, is an uphill-delight... if you like that kinda thing! :P I mean I don't have anything against going up, in fact I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pain that climbing brings - makes ya stronger. Anyways, my goal going into today was to best my time by a minute over last year (regardless of weather/road conditions or bike malfunctions, its always nice to set a personal record for a course)... and that's exactly what I did! Last year I came in at 18:08 for the 3.8 mile prologue, and this year I managed 17:03.and 20th place. And this is all in spite of my awesome mechanical - I am sooooooo powerful, that upon leaving the start house, my cranks came loose! The entire race I couldn't stand, I couldn't push any large gears, and I had to listen to the constant clank of my crankarms coming out of my bottom bracket - to be honest, I'm surprised I finished!
Wellllll... its fixed now, and there are two days left to pedal. Tomorrow will bring a circuit race full of rollers and one sweet winding descent - send me some climbing legs for the kom! My teammates, Marylin and Kathryn also partook in the glories of today, and pulled 24th (17:14) and 36th (17:44) respectively!!! Pretty sweet!
To those racing elsewhere - rock solid.
Cheers, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment